Auzituck roughly translated to "liberated one" in Shyriiwook, the native language of the Wookiees. The gunship was fast, well-armored and heavily armed with a narrow profile and large engines. It had a dual-tiered, bubble-shaped canopy that housed the pilot in the upper, rear section with the copilot and gunner in the lower forward position. The interiors were made from wroshyr trees, with sap serving as glue.
During the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire, one such vessel, serving as a freedom fighter against the Galactic Empire, was contracted to meet with the crew of the Ghost by Cikatro Vizago. But by the time it arrived, it had been raided by Trandoshan slavers and left adrift, and the crew had been sold to the Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Auzituck anti-slaver gunship first appeared in Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, the one-hour premiere for the animated television series Star Wars Rebels. The name "Auzituck" dates back to the May 1973 rough draft of what ultimately became Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In scene 135 of that script, which was set in the "Wookee [sic] camp," an early version of Chewbacca was greeted by his father, Auzituck, Chief of the Kaapauku tribe.
The young readers book Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head, written by Pablo Hidalgo and featuring various match-ups from the series, placed a patrol gunship against an Imperial freighter, with the gunship damaging the freighter and escaping.
In the episode Peril on Kashyyyk of LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Wookiees use the gunships to raid a Trandoshan prison camp. Later in the season two episode A Perilous Rescue, the rebels take cover in a crashed gunship before being rescued by the Freemakers flying the Arrowhead..
The ship, particularly the distinctive bubble cockpits, resembles the real-life Mi-24 "Hind" helicopter gunship, much like the LAAT.
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (First appearance)
- Ezra's Wookiee Rescue
- The Rebellion Begins
- The Secret Jedi: The Adventures of Kanan Jarrus: Rebel Leader
- "A Time to Survive"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 27
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II
- Darth Vader 14: Vader Down, Part IV
- Darth Vader 20: End of Games, Part I
- Darth Vader 22: End of Games, Part III
- Darth Vader 23: End of Games, Part IV
- Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (2015 Episode 10: Rebels Raw Deal) (Non-canonical source)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Peril on Kashyyyk"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Duel of Destiny"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Home One"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75084 Wookiee Gunship)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Auzituck Gunship Expansion Pack
- Dawn of Rebellion (First identified as Auzituck-class gunship)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Rebellion Begins
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- ↑ Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II
- ↑ The Star Wars—Rough Draft. The Jedi Bendu Script Site. Retrieved on August 23, 2012.
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Peril on Kashyyyk"
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue"