- "Your father was an Imperial Senator and a friend of Bail Organa, wasn't he?"
"Yes, sir. I wanted to join the rebellion with Leia, but my father had other ideas."
- ―Tycho Celchu and Beruss, the former reviewing Beruss's history.
The son of Illodian Senator Doman Beruss and great nephew of Corellian Senator Doman Beruss, Beruss was born into the privilege of a Core family, befriending other similarly blessed children like Leia Organa.
During his time at the Illodian Officers' Academy, Beruss developed skills as a starpilot and sharpshooter. After graduating with honors, Beruss was slated to represent Illodia in the 0 BBY Imperial Games as a sharpshooter, until they were cancelled due to Alderaan's destruction.
While his father encouraged Beruss to join the Illodian defense force, he instead chose to join the Rebel Alliance, ignoring his father's fears of Imperial reprisal against his homeworld.
Details of Beruss's early work with the Alliance is unclear, but he was offered a position in Rogue Squadron shortly before the Battle of Brentaal IV c. 4.4 ABY, despite having only completed two combat missions prior.
During his tenure with Rogue Squadron, Beruss served as Soontir Fel's wingman and fell in love with fellow pilot Feylis Ardele, with whom he was very happy, even once taking her to an isolated, drinkable body of water, in which he taught her how to swim and even possibly had sex with her, after a run in 5 ABY/Legends.
Beruss presumably continued to fly with Rogue Squadron until the unit's disbandment in 5.5 ABY.
- "The Princess Leia Diaries"—Star Wars Tales 11
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: In the Empire's Service (First appearance)
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron 25: The Making of Baron Fel
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Family Ties
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Masquerade
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Mandatory Retirement
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (Mentioned only)
- Handbook 1: X-Wing Rogue Squadron
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia