An axe (also ax or battle axe) was a type of melee weapon of ancient design.
The axe could be used as a tool, a melee weapon, or a thrown weapon. Some axes were modernized by being constructed of more advanced materials; these were commonly found in explorers' shops. An advanced version of the axe was the vibro-ax. The axe had the advantage of being legal nearly everywhere because no one thought to outlaw such a simple tool. Medium-sized, one-handed axes were crafted so that they could be used effectively as a thrown weapon.
Fringers found this blade very useful in the wilds of untamed planets. The axe was also a main weapon of the Gamorreans, the porcine humanoids from the lush jungle Outer Rim planet of Gamorr. Gamorreans also designed their own larger special axes called Arg'garoks.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith
- Darth Plagueis
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles video game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Adventures in Hyperspace: Shinbone Showdown
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Scoundrel's Luck
- The Snow Demons!
- Black Ice
- The Abduction
- "Stranded"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Star Wars Missions 15: Voyage to the Underworld
- Under a Black Sun (Mentioned only)
- The Adventures of Teebo: A Tale of Magic and Suspense
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand 1
- Emissary of the Void
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "Ax")
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- "A Free-Trader's Guide to the Planets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995 toy line)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Live-Action Adventures
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt (Picture only)
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Sayormi Warrior) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- (Picture only)