- "This is Two—Axe. Ready when you are, skipper."
- ―"Axe," checking in with Ahsoka Tano
"Axe" was the nickname of a clone trooper pilot who served in the Galactic Republic Navy as part of Blue Squadron. During the Battle of Ryloth, he and the rest of his squadron were deployed under the command of Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano to break the blockade around the planet.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "Overload! Overload! Gaaahh!"
- ―Axe's final words
Like all clone troopers serving in the Republic Military, Axe was created by the Kaminoans for the sole purpose of serving the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, Axe served as Blue Leader, flying a V-19 Torrent starfighter under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker aboard the Venator-class Star Destroyer, Resolute.
In 21 BBY, Axe would be demoted so Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano could take the position of Squadron Commander for the first time, which led to him assuming the title of Blue Two. He and the rest of Blue Squadron were deployed to serve in the Battle of Ryloth in an attempt to break the Separatist Ryloth blockade. Under the command of Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano, the squadron attempted to break the Separatist blockade around the planet. When the Separatist reinforcements arrived in the system, Commander Tano recklessly delayed the squadron's withdrawal, despite commands from Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Admiral Wullf Yularen to return to the Resolute immediately.
During the retreat, Axe would take Tano's right wing while Swoop and Kickback took the forward positions. Axe's power converters would begin to fail and as he was trying to fix it, he was killed by three Vulture-class droid starfighters tailing his V-19.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain" (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Guardians of the Republic Squadron Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: Armada – Galactic Republic Fleet Starter (Card: )
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Blue Shadow Virus" and "Innocents of Ryloth" to 21 BBY. As the episode "Storm Over Ryloth" takes place between the two episodes according to , Axe's death must take place in that year.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"