- «Name's Aza. Or Private Gundo, if you prefer. On guard for House Organa with the rest of the Republic.»
- ―Gundo introduces himself[src]
Aza Gundo was a Kel Dor male who served in the Republic Army during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. During the war, he was stationed on the planet Alderaan as a guard for the House of Organa, where he learned that the House of Thul, a rival house to Organa, was smuggling CryoBan weapons onto the planet. He then asked a Republic-aligned individual to find and destroy the weapons, which the individual accomplished.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- «Got word House Thul is smuggling in CryoBan weapons. Very illegal. Freeze you in three seconds flat.»
- ―Gundo explains the CryoBan situation[src]
Prior to the year 3643 BBY, the male Kel Dor Aza Gundo ran with a group of individuals who were involved in illegitimate activities. However, he eventually made a decision to change the direction his life was headed and joined the Republic Army, which took part in the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. During the war, in the year 3,643 BBY the Kel Dor held the rank of private in the army and had been stationed on the planet of Alderaan as a guard for the House of Organa, one of the Great Houses of Alderaan aligned with the Republic. While stationed as a guard, Gundo learned through his old contacts that the House of Thul, a rival house to House Organa in the Alderaan Civil War, were smuggling illegal CryoBan weapons, including rifles and cells, onto the planet to use in the conflict. The Republic forces managed to put a halt to the smuggling ring bringing in the weapons, but not before a large amount had already made their way into Thul hands and were being used with devastating effect on Organa and Republic forces.
Several days after the smuggling ring was squashed, Gundo asked an individual aligned with the Republic, whom he met in the area known as the Deforested Slopes, to help him with the CryoBan problem, tasking the individual with destroying the weapons that Thul troops were carrying. The individual agreed and traveled to the area of the Apalis Coast known as the Organa Vinerium, where the individual located and killed a large number of Thul troops, taking and destroying CryoBan rifles, cryo cells, and a dropship controlled by House Thul. Upon the individual's return to Gundo, the private congratulated and rewarded the individual with credits and equipment.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- «Used to run with a bad crowd. But I'm trying to go legit, with the Republic, you follow?»
- ―Gundo mentions his past.[src]
Aza Gundo was a male Kel Dor with pink skin. He ran with a group of individuals early in his life who he would later come to consider bad company, but eventually decided to try and turn over a new leaf and joined the Republic to help in the Cold War. During the war, though, he chose to use information gained through his old connections to help the Republic and House Organa war effort.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- «Long as you don't come back in a block of ice, I'll be impressed.»
- ―Gundo's response if the player accepts the quest.[src]
Aza Gundo first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, an MMORPG released by BioWare in 2011. In the game, Gundo gave the "Frozen Assets" quest to players of the Republic faction on the planet Alderaan. The quest is optional, but this article assumes players complete it as well as the bonus quest "Revenge Served Cold" in order to achieve 100% game completion. The equipment rewarded to the player depends on the class they play.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Frozen Assets" on Alderaan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bonus Mission: "Revenge Served Cold" on Alderaan
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species, p. 96