- "This looks like one of those B'omarr monk monasteries that I read about in my studies at the Temple."
- ―Ahsoka Tano
The B'omarr Order, which consisted of B'omarr Monks, was a religious order that believed in isolating themselves from all physical sensation to enhance the power of their minds. To that aim, enlightened monks had their brains transplanted into nutrient-filled jars. Whenever they wanted to move, those bottled-brains used spider-like droid walkers, with older monks using four-legged walkers, and more recent ones using a six-legged variant.
The order built monasteries in the galaxy, including a monastery on the jungle world of Teth in Wild Space. Some of their temples were taken over by smugglers, who turned them into their personal retreats. The B'omarr monks were also present on Tatooine, but Jabba the Hutt assumed control of their monastery, turning it into his personal palace. Despite that, Jabba allowed the monks to still roam around his appropriated palace, as he enjoyed the gruesome sight of them. In 4 ABY, B'omarr monks were present at Jabba's Palace when Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker came to rescue the Corellian smuggler Han Solo from captivity. Shortly after Jabba's death, the monks took over the palace and allowed the Whiphid bounty hunter J'Quille to join them after he found himself unable to leave the planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
The B'omarr Order first appeared in Star Wars canon in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, in the form of brains attached to spider droids. They were later identified in the 2015 reference book Ultimate Star Wars. The droids were based upon sketches by the Star Wars original trilogy concept designer Ralph McQuarrie, which later appeared in the Star Wars Legends 1995 book The Illustrated Star Wars Universe, where the B'omarr were originally identified.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (Mentioned only)
- Bounty Hunt
- Choose Your Destiny: An Escape Mission
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as B'omarr Order)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ The Illustrated Star Wars Universe