- "Time to put the squeeze on 'em."
- ―A rocket battle droid, before entering combat
During the Battle of Abregado, Count Dooku and General Grievous deployed a group of rocket battle droids in a Droch-class boarding ship to hunt for survivors and or witnesses of the battle. The droids eventually came across Pod 1977, and proceeded to latch onto the pod. From a nearby pod, Jedi Master Plo Koon and a small group of clones watched as the droids cut open the pod, sending the two clones inside hurtling through space. The droids' attention then turned towards the Jedi Master, however, and they attempted to infiltrate the pod. Koon, with the help of clone troopers Sinker and Boost engaged the droids in combat. After a short confrontation, Koon severed the boarding ship's hold on the pod, resulting in the ship crashing into nearby debris.
Behind the scenesEdit
B1-series rocket battle droids first appeared in the "Rising Malevolence", the second episode of the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. They were voiced by Matthew Wood who also portrayed General Grievous.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- (First identified as B1-series rocket battle droid)