At 120 meters in length, this craft was a standard medium-sized freighter that was common throughout the entire galaxy. It was low-cost, partly due to its lack of defensive armament, effective and capable of extremely long range bulk transport duties. The BFF-1 was designed to haul four Xizor Transport Systems Class-A cargo containers, attached in arrays of two on either side of the vessel's main hull, and modified into cheap yet capacious storage holds.
During the time of the Galactic Civil War, BFF-1s could be found in almost every container depot, cargo station, customs checkpoint, or shipping port in every sector. Considered easy targets by raiders because of their low sublight speed and lack of defensive weaponry, they often traveled in convoys defended by more combat-worthy starships.
Behind the scenesEdit
The BFFs in the first X-wing game were also used as hangars, bases, facilities, repair yards, 'platforms', and haulers. Since the introduction of a richer roster of ships and polygon models in the sequels, these tasks were given to a variety of specialized ships, and BFFs now have a proper freighter role.
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell 1
- The Force Unleashed novel
- The Farlander Papers (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing (First appearance)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter demo
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: Dark Forces
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Beyond the Rim
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide