- "Gee Long and the droid BIX have won the Drainsweeper event for three consecutive years."
- ―Gee Long and BIX are introduced at the Roon Colonial Games
BIX was a masculine service droid who competed with the Umboo Racing Team in the planet Roon's annual Roon Colonial Games. When BIX was disabled shortly before the Drainsweeper race of 15 BBY, C-3PO helped the team win the event in his place.
- Mungo Baobab: "BIX? Gee Long? What's going on?"
- C-3PO: "Droid coolant in the mupple juice supply."
- Nilz Yomm: "It's only a stomach ache, but he's out of the competition."
- Auren Yomm: "So's our droid BIX. He can't be recharged until after the race."
- ―Mungo Baobab learns that BIX and Long have been eliminated from the Roon Colonial Games
BIX competed as a rockhopper rider with Auren Yomm's Umboo Racing Team, representing the planet Roon's Umboo province in the annual Roon Colonial Games. For three consecutive years, the droid and his teammate Gee Long had won the Drainsweeper relay race event.
During the Roon Games of 15 BBY, Bun-Dingo of the opposing Tawntoom team drained BIX's power and poisoned Long by tainting the team's mupple juice supply with droid coolant. The latter was eliminated from the competition by the resulting stomach ache, while the droid could not be recharged until after the race. However, Long and BIX were substituted for by Mungo Baobab and C-3PO, respectively, who competed in their place and, along with Yomm, won the event for Umboo.
Behind the scenesEdit
BIX first appeared in "The Roon Games," the eleventh episode of the Star Wars Legends animated series Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO, which originally aired on November 16, 1985. The capitalization of his name was changed from Bix to BIX by "Sports in the Star Wars Galaxy," a two-part blog post written by Tim Veekhoven and Sander de Lange and published on StarWars.com on March 26, 2014.
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ According to The New Essential Guide to Droids, service droids are classified as third-degree droids.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Droids—"The Roon Games"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 76 ("Bix")
- ↑ "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27