The BTL-A4 LP "Longprobe", otherwise known simply as the Y-wing Longprobe, was a variant of the standard BTL Y-wing starfighter used as a reconnaissance and scouting fighter by the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War.
The ship was designed so it could better implement the longer-duration missions of the profile of the BTL Y-wing starfighter, such as scouting. As such, the second pilot for the S3 variant, as well as all on-board life and mission support equipment, were removed to allow for this. Because of the consequentially lighter frame, the ship could handle heavier payloads as a substitute for better avionics equipment or weapons-fit out and payloads. In addition, although the turret at the cockpit was retained, it has been changed to save on lightness and locked in the forward firing position.
- World of Fire! (First appearance) (as Y-wing Scout Fighter)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
- The Star Wars Rules Companion (as Y-wing longprobe)
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit (as Longprobe Y-wing Recon)
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment (as BTL A4 Y-wing Longprobe)
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition (First identified as BTL-A4 LP "Longprobe")