Babwa Venomor was a Trandoshan aligned with the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars with the Galactic Republic. In 19 BBY, Venomor and other Trandoshans—backed by the Confederacy—attacked the forested planet of Kashyyyk. In response to that trespass, the indigenous Wookiees were forced to burn a number of trees to drive the invaders out.
Venomor had red eyes as well as yellow and mottled green skin, and stood at over 1.83 meters tall. The Trandoshan wore a belt and a sleeveless blue outfit bearing the Confederacy's hexagonal emblem.
Behind the scenes
- "They fought Babwa Venomor, was the villain."
"That was the Trandoshan."
- ―Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo
Babwa Venomor was created for an unfinished arc of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series set on Kashyyyk. The arc was written by Matt Michnovetz and would have been four episodes long, with production codes 6.17–6.20. Series supervising director Dave Filoni first mentioned Venomor and his role as the villain of this arc at Celebration Anaheim in 2015. Venomor was depicted in a piece of concept art made by Jim Moore for the arc's first episode, dated December 4, 2012, which Moore later uploaded to his ArtStation account.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The Trandoshan as being taller than a clone trooper, who is 1.83 meters tall, according to . for Babwa Venomor displays the
- unfinished Kashyyyk arc of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series take place when clone trooper "Echo" was a member of Clone Force 99, which happens after the Battle of Anaxes, according to Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition. places the events of The Bad Batch story arc, including the Battle of Anaxes, after The Clone Wars episode "Voices," which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 19 BBY. Since Galactic Atlas also dates the end of the Clone Wars to 19 BBY, the Kashyyyk arc must have taken place in the same year. establishes that the events of the
- (In response to: "Do you know who wrote TCW Yoda/Wookiees arc? BTW, would love if you could write for Rebels!")
- (In response to: "Hey Matt! Was your Kashyyyk arc 4 episodes? please reply")