A bacta patch, also called a bacta bandage, was a disposable patch of bacta used to heal skin punctures or damages in other parts of the body. Though not as effective as a full immersion in a bacta tank, bacta patches were much easier to transport and sufficed as a quick and convenient medical healer. They were useful when trying to keep a patient with more serious injuries stable until they could reach a bacta tank, but if there were no bacta tanks, then they were to have rested for a couple of days.
Bacta patches could have appeared and acted similar to a bandage but slightly larger and with a faster healing process. They were commonly found in medpacs.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Monster"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- Darth Plagueis
- Cloak of Deception
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Lost Legion
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- Jedi: Count Dooku
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- Star Wars: Republic: Siege of Saleucami
- Agent of the Empire—Iron Eclipse, Part 4
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- X-Wing: Iron Fist (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- (as bacta bandage)
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance