A bacta tank was a cylindrical tank into which a being could be submerged for extensive exposure to bacta, a fluid that could accelerate healing and treat major injuries. Bacta tanks already existed during the Clone Wars, when the Galactic Republic used them to treat its injured soldiers. After being attacked and severely injured by a wampa ice creature on the frigid planet of Hoth, Commander Luke Skywalker was put into a bacta tank so he could recover from his wounds.
A portable format of the bacta tank was also available, called the bacta pod. On Tatooine, Boba Fett bathed in his bacta tank at many points in time. He used it to heal his burned scars. After the battle for Mos Espa Fett's bacta tank was used on Cobb Vanth, after he was shot by Cad Bane, while a cyborg modifier was taking care of him.
Notes and references
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Story Gallery: Slide 7)
- "General Equipment (II)" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- In Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, the bacta tank was shown to be big enough to contain Luke Skywalker. According to the official StarWars.com Databank, Skywalker was 1.72 meters tall.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 1: Stranger in a Strange Land"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm"
- Per the audio description for "Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm" available on Disney+.
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor"