- "Jordan, quit flirting on duty! Commander Skywalker is heading out and I need you to gear him up now."
- ―Baesoon tells off Jordan Smythe
Baesoon was a member of the Rebel Alliance who worked as a tauntaun handler at the Alliance's Echo Base on the planet Hoth. Due to a shortage of handlers, Baesoon's rotation kept the handler from having time to both get enough sleep and attend the mess hall. As a result, handlers like Baesoon relied on food runs from other personnel. One day, in 3 ABY, a runner named Chase Wilsorr brought food and caf to Baesoon and two other handlers named Murell and Jordan Smythe at the tauntaun pens. Baesoon gratefully accepted a share of the delivery. After Smythe was distracted with Wilsorr, Baesoon told off the other handler and ordered him to equip Commander Luke Skywalker and his tauntaun for a patrol.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Baesoon appeared in the short story "A Good Kiss," written by C.B. Lee as a part of the 2020 short story collection From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "A Good Kiss"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance, simultaneous with From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back audiobook)
- From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back audiobook
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- "A Good Kiss"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- The events of "A Good Kiss" involving Baesoon take place on the same day when Luke Skywalker rode a tauntaun out on what Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back depicted to be a patrol mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates Skywalker's patrol to 3 ABY, therefore setting Baesoon's appearance to that same year.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back