Balawai meatpie was a type of pie containing meat. The Human Nick Rostu once described a wound he received from a vibroshield around 22 BBY as opening him up like an overcooked Balawai meatpie. The pie shared its name with the Balawai, a group of settlers who lived on the planet Haruun Kal.
Behind the scenes
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- The Essential Reader's Companion establishes that Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight takes place two months after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 19 BBY. As Nick Rostu received the wound three years prior to the events of Jedi Twilight, he must have received it around 22 BBY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 56 ("Balawai")
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 23 ("Haruun Kal")