- "This is the original blueprint for a Baleen-class heavy freighter. Those things are monsters."
- ―Norra Wexley
Baleen-class heavy freighter was a bulk freighter model used to move huge amounts of cargo. Baleen-class freighters were about 400 meters long and were quite clumsy, but were capable of moving large amounts of cargo across the galaxy every day, and consequently, were essential to commerce. Their forward compartment could be opened in transit and used to salvage items found drifting in space, even entire starships. Built in orbital shipyards, ships of the class were designed to never enter a planet's atmosphere, instead they were docked at space stations and transfer yards to load and unload cargo.
One such freighter was the Eravana, Han Solo and Chewbacca's ship after the loss of the Millennium Falcon. The original blueprint for the Baleen-class was kept at the Corellian Command Base in Coronet City.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 3
- Resistance Reborn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "The Trouble with Rathtars"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Baleen-class heavy freighter, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Baleen-class heavy freighter, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Rey's Survival Guide
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75180 Rathar Escape)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- (Picture only)