- "There's a large-scale civil war on Balith. They've requested our assistance. Anakin, you will leave immediately to command the Third Legion."
- ―Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
A civil war took place on the planet Balith during the Clone Wars, leading to requested intervention from the Galactic Republic in the form of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and the Grand Army of the Republic's Third Legion. Skywalker and Clone Captain Rex departed Coruscant while Skywalker's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, stayed behind by the orders of the Jedi High Council. Skywalker eventually returned from the conflict after learning that Tano had protected Senator Padmé Amidala – Skywalker's secret wife – from an assassination attempt at the hands of Aurra Sing during the Alderaan Refugee Conference. At one point, refugees from the war passed through the Outer Rim planetoid Sídi, where they paid the innkeeper Rank to use the abandoned military relay tower there to search for good news, but heard nothing. Rank's daughter Bug learned the passcode to get into the tower by spying on him after following the group unnoticed.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin" (First mentioned)
- "Bug"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY, while its end, depicted in "Tipping Points," must occur in 20 BBY; Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "Water War" to 20 BBY, while Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! dates the events of "The Gathering" to be 20 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 20 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As establishes that the events of "Tipping Points," and therefore the end of the Onderonian Civil War, occurred between the events of "Water War" and "The Gathering," the war must have ended in 20 BBY.
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) dates the events of "Lethal Trackdown" to 21 BBY, and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places "ARC Troopers" in the same year. As the events of "Assassin" occur between thse two episodes according to , it also must be set in 21 BBY.
- "Bug"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark