- "There's a large-scale civil war on Balith. They've requested our assistance. Anakin, you will leave immediately to command the Third Legion."
- ―Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
A civil war took place on the planet Balith during the Clone Wars, leading to requested intervention from the Galactic Republic in the form of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and the Grand Army of the Republic's Third Legion. Skywalker and Clone Captain Rex departed Coruscant while Skywalker's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, stayed behind by the orders of the Jedi High Council. Skywalker eventually returned from the conflict after learning that Tano had protected Senator Padmé Amidala – Skywalker's secret wife – from an assassination attempt at the hands of Aurra Sing during the Alderaan Refugee Conference. At one point, refugees from the war passed through the Outer Rim planetoid Sídi, where they paid the innkeeper Rank to use the abandoned military relay tower there to search for good news, but heard nothing. Rank's daughter Bug learned the passcode to get into the tower by spying on him after following the group unnoticed.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin" (First mentioned)
- "Bug"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- "Bug"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark