The Bamula sector was located in the Inner Rim and contained the Chorra and Donadus systems. The former was the origin point of the pirate group known as the Chorran Shipjackers. The latter contained the astronomical object Donadus, out of which the Shipjackers operated. Donadus also shared its name with the sentient species Donadi.
Before the ascension to power of Galactic Emperor Palpatine in 19 BBY, the famed military organization known as the Flamestrike Legion defended the Bamula sector from foreign insurrections. Upon the expansion of the Galactic Empire, the Legion was disbanded. At some point between 17 BBY and 0 ABY, the Human bounty hunter Beilert Valance led a group of mercenaries in routing the Donadus-based pirates, a mission that helped Valance attain the status of an elite hunter.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for the Chorran Shipjackers in relation to the Chorra system.
- Before the Storm
- "The Yard of Opportunity"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- The New Essential Chronology
- establishes that Beilert Valance became a bounty hunter at some point between the assault on Doniphon and the attack on Anglebay Station. The scenario also dates the latter conflict to a few weeks after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 0 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology. Since dates the assault on Doniphon to 17 BBY, Valance must therefore have become a bounty hunter at some point between those two dates.