- "We represent the Petition of the 2000 for the Chancellor. Things may change."
- ―Bana Breemu to Padmé Amidala
Bana Breemu was a Human female senator who represented the Humbarine sector in the Galactic Senate during the waning days of the Galactic Republic. She also was part of the Loyalist Committee and the Delegation of 2000.
- "I know a Jedi I feel we should consult."
"That would be dangerous."
"We don't know how the Jedi fit into all this."
- ―Padmé Amidala, Bana Breemu and Mon Mothma
Due to their importance as industrious Core Worlds, the planets in the Humbarine sector became targets of heavy Separatist attacks during the Clone Wars. Worlds that were not sundered, were often infiltrated by Separatist forces, and Senator Breemu soon felt the effects. The Republic deemed her besieged sector a lost cause, and Breemu found her political voice slipping in the Senate. Following the destruction of Humbarine itself, she befriended one of her constituents who had escaped, Barrow Oicunn.
She remained a trusted and valued member of the Republic, serving as a member of the Loyalist Committee by the end of the Clone Wars, and was invited to join the Delegation of 2000 in the final days of the war. While Senators such as Mon Mothma and Bail Organa wanted to force the Supreme Chancellor to give up his wartime emergency powers, Bana advised caution. She also recommended that involving the Jedi in their plans was risky, instead wishing for a diplomatic solution to the problem. Breemu was one of the Senators who presented the Petition of 2000 to Palpatine.
Behind the scenes
Bana Breemu was played by Bai Ling in the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the last installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Her scenes, however, were deleted from the film's final cut. Ling claimed that it was the result of her posing in the June 2005 issue of Playboy, but director George Lucas insisted that the cuts were made nearly a year prior to her posing for the magazine. Her scenes were later featured in the "Deleted Scenes" category on the Revenge of the Sith DVD. On the DVD commentary, Lucas reiterated his claim, saying her scenes were deleted for length.
- Labyrinth of Evil (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (deleted scenes)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook
- "Material World" – Star Wars Insider 81 (Picture only)
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000" – Star Wars Insider 85
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 5
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia