- "You stay put."
"Ventress, this is foolish, I know this ship like the back of—"
- ―Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
The Banshee was a Lancer-class pursuit craft which served as the personal starship of bounty hunter Asajj Ventress during the Clone Wars. The Banshee featured two cabins, a small galley, and a cargo hold, used for holding bounties prisoner.
History[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Banshee was first revealed at Celebration Anaheim during "The Untold Clone Wars Panel." Originally set to appear in unfinished episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the episodes were adapted into a novel written by Christie Golden entitled Dark Disciple after the show's cancellation. Although the ship has not been depicted in canon, concept art of the Banshee, based off Doug Chiang's work on the Republic Gunship, was shown during the panel. The final model was revamped into the Shadow Caster, featured in the episode "Blood Sisters" of Star Wars Rebels. The production asset for the Banshee was released in the episode's trivia section on Starwars.com.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "Kindred Spirits"—Star Wars Insider 159
- Dark Disciple (First appearance)
- Dark Disciple audiobook
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit (Card: ) (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- A new post on Fantasy Flight Games' website says that Ketsu Onyo's ship, the Shadow Caster, is a Lancer-class pursuit craft. We know from the trivia gallery for the Star Wars Rebels episode "Blood Sisters" that the Banshee is the same model as the Shadow Caster (one or the other has had some modifications, though), meaning that the Banshee is also a Lancer-class pursuit craft.
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas