Bantha fodder was a type of food eaten by banthas. The phrase "bantha fodder" was also used as an offensive term, as the substance smelled extremely foul. Alternatively, "poodoo"—"fodder" in Huttese—was used for the same purpose.
During the Jedi Civil War, Revan went to Tatooine to retrieve one of the Star Maps leading to the Star Forge. He used Bantha fodder acquired from the Tusken Raiders' enclave on Anchorhead to bait banthas toward a krayt dragon to lure it out. The krayt dragon then stepped into a large amount of land mines and was killed. Revan then went into its cave and took the Star Map.
Behind the scenes
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Revan acquires bantha fodder, and tells Komad Fortuna, "Look, I have your fodder!", an in-joke, as it resembles "Luke, I am your father," a common misquote of Darth Vader's line "No, I am your father" from The Empire Strikes Back.
A common misconception is that "poodoo" refers to a bantha's feces.
- LEGO Star Wars: Darth Maul's Mission (As Poo-doo)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition