- "I took the Barash Vow to live alone inside the Force, until my true path as a Jedi became clear."
- ―Kirak Infil'a
The Barash Vow was an oath taken by Jedi who completely refrained from all activities related to the Jedi Order as a form of penitence, disengaging from anything but the Force itself. Although most Jedi who swore the vow did so as a method of atonement, some did it in order to re-focus themselves on the Force. From the founding of the Order to its doom, over fourteen thousand Jedi pursued Barash. After a traumatic experience as a prisoner of the dark side-steeped Drengir, Jedi Knight Dez Rydan chose to swear the vow. Jedi Master Kirak Infil'a was a notable Barash-taker.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Into the Dark (Mentioned only)
- The High Republic: Into the Dark audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 2 (First mentioned)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 3 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 4 (Mentioned only)