Barb Mentir was a male Weequay pirate that was part of Hondo Ohnaka's pirate cartel. During a Galactic Republic mission to Florrum, Mentir and Turk Falso conspired against Ohnaka to take the spice meant for ransom for themselves. Mentir utilized a Flarestar-class attack shuttle to shoot down the Nu-class transport carrying the Republic envoy. Eventually, when Falso's plan fell apart, Mentir was killed when Count Dooku used the Force to manipulate Falso into shooting Mentir during his escape.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Barb Mentir was a male Weequay member of Hondo Ohnaka's Ohnaka Gang. When the opportunistic Ohnaka captured the Sith Lord Count Dooku and soon after Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, the pirates demanded a ransom from the Republic in the from of spice. When a shuttle traveled to the pirates' base on the planet Florrum, Mentir and Ohanka's second in command Turk Falso decided to shoot down the ship. Mentir piloted a Flarestar-class attack shuttle and used missiles to shoot down the Republic ship. The pirates then claimed the spice and traveled back to their base.
However, the survivors of the crash would advance across the Doshar fields to the base, eventually assisting in freeing the three captives. As the Sith Lord escaped, he advanced on Mentir and Falso, who were outside with their ship. Choking Falso, he used he Force to manipulate him into shooting and killing Mentir with his own blaster.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Barb Mentir was identified in canon in the book Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles. He was voiced by James Arnold Taylor, who also voiced Obi-Wan Kenobi throughout the series.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General" (First appearance)
- "Dooku Captured"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Barb Mentir)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus) dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Cloak of Darkness" to 21 BBY and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the episode "Blue Shadow Virus" to 21 BBY. As the episode "The Gungan General" takes place between the two episodes according to , Barb Mentir's death must take place in that year.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles