The barghests were a species of non-sentient quadrupeds that could be kept as pets for protection. They had dark fur and skin, a large mouth filled with sharp teeth, and six red eyes. Although they looked monstrous, barghests showed great loyalty toward their owners.
Behind the scenesEdit
A barghest first appeared in the 2015 movie Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The creature's name, however, was revealed in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the same day as the film. In the folklore of northern England, barghests are monstrous dogs with huge teeth and claws.
- Choose Your Destiny: An Obi-Wan & Anakin Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Barghest)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Gwellis Bagnoro and Izby)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- Barghest on Wikipedia