During the time of the Galactic Civil War, Barkhesh's population resisted the New Order and supported the Rebel Alliance. They supplied the Alliance with vital materials after the Battle of Yavin despite Imperial retaliation.
According to Imperial Army High General Cassio Tagge, as documented in the Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide, the 1st Tapani Assault Battlegroup claimed victory in the Humiliation of Barkhesh sometime before the Battle of Yavin. However, General Carlist Rieekan of the Rebel Alliance later refuted Tagge after the text fell into Rebel hands, claiming the 1st Tapani withdrew from Barkhesh after losing a fifth of its troopers in an acidic hailstorm.
Around six months after the pivotal Battle of Yavin, the Rebel's Rogue Squadron provided aerial cover for a small supply convoy on the planet's surface, which planned to travel through Imperial territory in the Great Temple Valley to rendezvous with a Rebel Alliance shuttle. The Empire caught wind of the operation, and sent a reasonably large force of AT-ST walkers and TIE/sa bombers to intercept the convoy of transports. Rogue Squadron successfully protected the convoy, destroying a large portion of the forces. After escaping the Imperial forces, the convoy rendezvoused with a Rebel Alliance Lambda-class T-4a shuttle.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (First appearance)
- "Scouts' Dispatch"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (First mentioned)
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Strongholds of Resistance, p. 62
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ "Scouts' Dispatch"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6, p. 241
- ↑ Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear, p. 79
- ↑ Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide, p. 72