Barquin D'an was a Bith who played the kloo horn as a member of the Max Rebo Band. Four years after the Battle of Yavin, D'an and the other members of the band played at the palace of Jabba the Hutt on the planet Tatooine. The band played Jedi Rocks for the Hutt, who ordered it played a second time but then dropped his slave Oola into his rancor pit during the repeat performance when she refused his advances. The Bith and the rest of the band stopped playing as Oola was eaten by the rancor, and then witnessed the arrival of Princess Leia Organa disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh with the Wookiee Chewbacca as a prisoner.
Behind the scenes
Barquin D'an first appeared in the Special Edition re-release of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi in 1997. The character was first named in the Star Wars Legends Power of the Force set of Hasbro Inc.'s action figure collection which was released in 1998. The name was confirmed to be canon by Music in the Star Wars Galaxy: The Modal Nodes vs. The Max Rebo Band, a StarWars.com article written by Amy Ratcliffe and published in 2015.
- Star Wars in Pictures: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Treasury: The Original Trilogy
- War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha 1
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Introduced in Special Edition)
- Ultimate Star Wars (Picture only)
- (First identified as Barquin D'an)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 97 (Building the Galaxy: Moments in the Making)
- Star Wars Search and Find Volume I
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Picture only)