- "Of course, it should be mentioned here that the Neimoidians are notorious virus carriers. Although immune to most harmful microbes themselves, they have been the scourge of the galaxy, responsible—though they deny it—for the Great Pandemic of Deersheba and the equally lethal Intestinal Revenge of Bars Barka that created the massive weight loss that swept through the Ubese colonists."
- ―Ebenn Q3 Baobab, in the Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
Bars Barka was a planet located in Bars Barka system, within the Barsa sector of the galaxy's Mid Rim and New Territories. It was connected to the Varvva system by a hyperspace route. Several decades before the outbreak of the Clone Wars in the year 22 BBY, the planet's Ubese colonists were devastated by the lethal Intestinal Revenge of Bars Barka, a global illness believed to have been transmitted by a Neimoidian trade delegation that resulted in crippling weight loss. Between 12 and 13 ABY, Bars Barka fell within the borders of the New Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bars Barka was first mentioned in the Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide, a 2001 Star Wars Legends reference book written by Ben Burtt and illustrated by Sergio Aragonés. The Essential Atlas, 2009 a reference book written by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, placed the Bars Barka system, and therefore Bars Barka itself, in grid square J-6.
- Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Intestinal Revenge of Bars Barka")
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First pictured)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Bars Barka system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 screenshot) (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 108 ("Intestinal Revenge of Bars Barka")
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide