- "Tell you where I saw it? Not for all the t'bac on Annaj, mah bukee. You want the Tessent, you're on your own."
- ―Testimony of Barzur Antilles
Barzur Antilles lived at some point by 3 ABY. They once gave a testimony at the Moddell sector's Annaj House of Detention in which they claimed to have seen one of the two artifacts known as the Tessents. However, Antilles refused to reveal the location where they had seen the highly sought-after item.
- "That's kind of funny—you'd think two planets could find a decent artist between 'em so there wouldn't be this wild gundark chase."
- ―Testimony of Barzur Antilles
Barzur Antilles was an individual who lived at some point by the time of the reign of the Galactic Empire. They once gave a testimony at the House of Detention of the planet Annaj, capital of the Moddell sector.
In the testimony, Antilles claimed to have seen one of the two artifacts known as the Tessents and provided a brief description of the item. According to Antilles' claims, they were never certain of whether the Tessent they had observed had been the one originating on the Core Worlds planet Alsakan or the one created by the Ayrou species—whom Antilles referred to as "feather-heads"—of the Moddell sector world Maya Kovel. Antilles did not, however, believe that it resembled the traditional Alsakani description of their world's Tessent as a sculpture of a farlus hawk with the head of a felinx. Furthermore, the individual did not appreciate the craftsmanship of the idol they had seen, implying that it indicated the lack of a "decent artist" between Alsakan and Maya Kovel—a situation that Antilles found amusing and believed contributed to the complicated nature of the ongoing search for the Tessents.
When Antilles was then asked by an individual whom they addressed as "mah bukee" to divulge the location where they had seen the Tessent, the giver of the testimony adamantly refused, claiming they would not trade that information for "all the t'bac on Annaj." Antilles subsequently died at some point by 3 ABY, before the Alsakan and Ayrou Tessents were discovered on the planets Ast Kikorie and Vasha, respectively.
Behind the scenes
Barzur Antilles was introduced in the roleplaying adventure "Race for the Tessent," which was published for use with Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game in the ninth issue of the Star Wars Gamer magazine on February 22, 2002. Instead of featuring a set plot, "Race for the Tessent" presents several settings in the Moddell sector that the player-characters may visit during their search for one of the Tessent artifacts. For each of the settings, the adventure also suggests possible circumstances for a Tessent being hidden there. This article assumes that as much of the information presented in the adventure as possible without contradictions is canonical with respect to the Star Wars Legends continuity and therefore assumes that the Alsakan Tessent and the Ayrou Tessent were hidden on Ast Kikorie and Vasha, respectively.
Notes and references
- By default, the events of Race for the Tessent"—Star Wars Gamer 9, by the time of which Barzur Antilles had died, are set during the opposition to Galactic Empire slavery on the planet Mandalore. The Essential Atlas dates the events of Star Wars (1977) 69, which depict the end of the Imperial presence on Mandalore per "The History of the Mandalorians" – Star Wars Insider 80, to 3 ABY. "
- Race for the Tessent"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "