A battle at Jabiim during the Galactic Civil War was one of the last battles of the hunt for Moff Kalast, the Imperial traitor that supplied the Rebel Alliance with datacodes for the Galactic Empire's superweapon, the Death Star I.
- Tarkin: "Colonel Veers is of the opinion that the Rebel base that launched the attack could not be far away based on the size of their force."
- Darth Vader: "I have used his information to pinpoint Jabiim as the likely origin point. Allow me to take a force there and crush them once and for all!"
- Palpatine: "More important than destroying their worthless base of operations is finding the identity of the one who revealed the location of this demonstration, my apprentice."
- ―Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine[src]
Darth Vader gathered information across the galaxy about the Moff's whereabouts. During a failed Rebel raid against Carida during Colonel Maximilian Veers's demonstration of the new All Terrain Armored Transport. Due to the size of the Rebel force, both men quickly calculated that Jabiim was the only planet capable of staging an attack on Carida. Vader gathered a strike force and headed for the planet.
The Rebels were well prepared for an attack; they had an Alliance Space Station and a defense fleet in orbit around Jabiim.
The two fleets exchanged fire. Eventually, the Alliance Space Station fell to Imperial fire from Star Destroyers. The remaining forces tagged up and attempted at one last strike against the Imperial Navy, but failed. The orbital defenses were down, and the strike team landed on the planet.
The Imperials quickly found out that the local Jabiimi were supporting the Rebel Alliance, and were fired on when they landed in a small clearing in the local village. Artillery destroyed the homesteads, and the army moved on. Due to the fact that the rebels airspeeders were incapable of flying very well on the planet, this led to the Imperials enjoying the advantage their AT-ATs would not go down as easy, although their 2-M Saber-class repulsor tanks and 74-Z speeder bikes were just as disadvantaged.
Stormtroopers engaged the Rebel infantry while the bigger vehicles entered the base shield. AT-ATs opened fire on the base shield generator, leaving the outpost vulnerable to aerial assault. TIE/sa bombers flew down and bombarded the base.
The Imperial force searched through the nearby surviving facilities for information on the whereabouts of Kalast. They found information on Kalast's estate over Atzerri, and that he was now stationed there.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide
- Galaxy at War
Notes and referencesEdit