- "There were no survivors on Devaron. Everyone was killed, including Master Halsey and his Padawan"
- ―Boss reports on the aftermath of the battle
The battle[edit | edit source]
Prior to the battle, Republic forces were in control of the Temple of Eedit, which acted as a front for the Republic's military outpost. In order to gain control of temple, Count Dooku sent his Separatist Army to attack. The Republic sent two Jedi—Master Halsey and his Padawan Knox—and several ARF troopers. The Republic troops were able to hold back the Separatist forces and held the upper hand in the battle. However, in order to test the powers of his new apprentice, Savage Opress, Dooku sent him to Devaron to finish the battle and destroy the Republic forces. Opress mercilessly slaughtered all the clones upon his arrival, including ARF Commander Trauma. This was made all the more easy by the clones foolishly attempting to engage Savage in close combat. Finding the two Jedi in front of temple's door, he attacked Halsey, and although the Roonan fought hard, Opress struck him down. Knox, after witnessing his master's death, attacked his master's killer. However, Opress effortlessly slashed him across the chest, sending him flying into the temple doors, dead. Upon successfully completing his mission, Opress returned to Serenno.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "This is not the work of a Sith Lord, or a Jedi... but a reckless, impulsive animal."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
Soon after Opress's attack, Delta Squad (Fixer, Boss, Scorch and Sev) arrived at the Jedi Temple with the dead bodies of Halsey and Knox, where Jedi High Council members Obi-Wan Kenobi, Adi Gallia, Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin were all gathered to discuss the recent events on Devaron. Meanwhile, Savage Opress, upon his arrival at Serenno, told his master that the mission was a success. Dooku declared that the two of them would grow to be even stronger than Darth Sidious and that they would rule the Galaxy.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist" (Appears in flashback and in hologram)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 122 (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 7 (KAT1–2, King Katuunko) dates "Senate Murders" to 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 59 (MOR1–2, Mortis) dates "Overlords" to 21 BBY. Since places "Monster" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Monster" also takes place in 21 BBY.