The battle between the Kumauri Empire and the Republic was a confrontation that constituted a part of the war fought between the Kumauri Empire and the Galactic Republic. That conflict was fought after the warlord Vall Kumauri conquered several dozen star systems around 10,000 BBY. The battle, which saw the participation of Kumauri's flagship, was eventually depicted in a fresco located in a Kumauri Empire palace on an Outer Rim Territories moon. Kumauri's empire was ultimately defeated by the Republic and imploded within a few years of its own creation.
The battle between the Kumauri Empire and the Republic had been long forgotten by 3643 BBY, when the palace on the Outer Rim moon was discovered. An individual affiliated with one of the sides in the ongoing struggle between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire eventually sent a companion to explore the structure, and the latter discovered the fresco depicting the battle.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The Essential Guide to Warfare — Based on corresponding data for Galactic Republic–Kumauri Empire war
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Archaeology Crew Skill mission: "The Palace of the Kumauri"
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- Per the reasoning here, Act I of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place around 3643 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "The Palace of the Kumauri" independently of the main class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point around 3643 BBY.