- "With the Emperor dead, the Empire will be in chaos. Most of the ships from the Kuat blockade were shifted to Endor for the battle, but they'll be back to regroup. The time is now people! We need to take control of the Eclipse."
- ―Tyber Zann
Tyber Zann arrived with a fleet in the Kuat system intent on taking advantage of the chaos following the Battle of Endor and the steady disintegration of the Galactic Empire, by boarding the Eclipse-class dreadnought and accessing secret information stored in its vaults.
- "What the... Super Star Destroyer incoming, sir!"
- ―A Consortium thug informing Zann of the Annihilator's arrival
The Consortium fleet encountered a Rebel fleet wanting to raid the system to destabilize the Empire's fleet production. Tyber Zann, when hailed by the Rebel fleet, claimed that they wished to join the alliance due to hearing of their victory at Endor. Han Solo then requested his aid in destroying the Eclipse, promising to reward him and his fleet greatly if they succeed. Zann then suggested that they destroy three Cardan V-class space stations guarding the Eclipse if they were to reach it. Han Solo also warned him that if he even suspected that Zann will double-cross them, he wouldn't waste any time taking him out, before wishing him luck. The rebel's initial fleet consisted of 4 MC80 Liberty type Star Cruisers, 2 Mk. II Assault Frigates, 2 Nebulon-B frigates, 3 DP20 frigates, 1 CR90 corvette, the Millennium Falcon, and a large number of fighters. They brought in more ships as reinforcements were needed. However, this truce was broken when Zann's forces double-crossed the rebels and captured the Eclipse, as the rebels sought to destroy it.
Although they were confronted with both a Rebel fleet and the local Imperial defense fleet, the Consortium pushed onwards, all the while performing an infiltration and takeover of the half-complete Eclipse.
Utilizing the semi-stable superlaser cannon of the Eclipse, Zann's forces gained the upper hand. They then focused on destroying the Millennium Falcon. The Millennium Falcon was severely damaged. After a few shots from the Eclipse, the superlaser broke down. This was followed immediately by the arrival of Admiral Gaarn, who commanded the Star Dreadnought Annihilator. At this point, it seemed as though the fight would swing in the Empire's favor. However, the Consortium brought in more reinforcements, and eventually managed to destroy the Annihilator. Shortly afterward, the Consortium team aboard the Eclipse managed to repair the superlaser, used it to mop up the rest of the Imperials and Rebels.
The Consortium emerged victorious in the end, but at the cost of many lives and ships on all three sides.
- "I've no need to keep the half-constructed Eclipse. And it presents a target even the Rebels couldn't miss. With the treasures from Palpatine's vaults, I can now spread my organization across the galaxy. Let the rebels form their New Republic! I've always wanted to own a senator…"
- ―Tyber Zann
Having found information about Palpatine's vaults in the Eclipse's databanks, Zann decided to abandon the vessel, as it was too big a target for the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance to ignore. Tyber announced his plans to spread his organization galaxy-wide using the credits in the vaults, and decided to let the Rebel Alliance form the New Republic, having always desired to "own a senator." The Empire reclaimed the Eclipse and later completed it. Elsewhere on the Eclipse, Silri utilized the holocron that was stolen from the Imperial Archives and vowed to "teach Zann what true power really is" and accessed a map of the galaxy.
Behind the scenesEdit
A bug in the game Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption sometimes results in the Millennium Falcon being destroyed during the battle, rather than retreating.
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide (First identified as Battle for the Eclipse)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare