- "An information bunker was too big a prize for an [sic] tactical droid to resist. We'll take this back to the cruiser and run a robolobotomy. Who knows what secrets it might hold?"
- ―Aayla Secura, on the tactical droid's head
A battle was fought in 22 BBY during the Clone Wars. Hoping to obtain information held in the memory banks of a Confederate tactical droid, Jedi General Aayla Secura, along with Marshal Commander CC-5052 and three other clone troopers, set a trap by fabricating an information bunker, which—as the tactical droid was led to believe—stored important Galactic Republic data files. A force of battle droids commanded by the tactical droid soon walked right into the trap, where they were attacked by the clone troopers. The clones quickly destroyed the tactical droid's escort, and Secura beheaded the droid herself. The Jedi then took the droid's head in order to perform a robolobotomy and discover what secrets it held.
The battle[edit | edit source]
- "I'm far too valuable to be scrapped. I'm…I'm…"
- ―The tactical droid and Aayla Secura
In 22 BBY during the Clone Wars, Jedi General Aayla Secura and a squad of clone troopers led by Marshal Commander CC-5052 attempted to obtain information held in the memory banks of a Confederate tactical droid. In order to do this, Secura and the clones set a trap by fabricating an information bunker, which—as the droid would think—served as a storage for important Galactic Republic data files. After setting the trap, Secura hid inside the bunker, while the clones took position above the canyon leading to it.
Soon, a force of Confederate battle droids commanded by the STAP-mounted tactical droid moved toward the fake bunker, hoping to obtain the data files. The droids broke into the bunker, only to discover from several retrieval droids that the data banks were empty. At that moment, taking advantage of the droids' confusion, the clone troopers launched an assault on the droid forces, using jetpacks to make a swift landing in the canyon.
Clone troopers CT-6734 and CT-41/14-0301 took out the B2 super battle droids while trooper Inc used EMP grenades on the remaining B1 battle droids. Meanwhile, the tactical droid attempted to retreat into the bunker but was intercepted there by Secura, who beheaded him with her lightsaber. The droid did not have time to trigger the data-erasing protective reflex called cyberostasis before being decapitated, and his memory banks were left intact as a result.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "A nicely played distraction, Bly."
- ―Aayla Secura, after the battle
Once her team joined her in the bunker, Secura commended them on their efforts in successfully completing the mission. Secura then decided to perform a robolobotomy on the droid's head aboard her cruiser to discover what information it held.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This battle was depicted in Headgames, an issue of The Clone Wars web comic series that took place before "Jedi Crash," an episode in the first season of the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Headgames was written by Pablo Hidalgo and illustrated by Thomas Hodges.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Clone Wars: Headgames
- The Essential Reader's Companion dates the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film to 22 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 101–102, Spying for the Senate) dates "Senate Spy" to late 22 BBY. Since places "Jedi Crash" between The Clone Wars film and "Senate Spy," it can be concluded that "Jedi Crash" also takes place in 22 BBY. The Clone Wars: Headgames takes place prior to Jedi Crash, therefore placing it in 22 BBY as well.