- "We've been lucky so far. The Empire hasn't had forces positioned to do more than harry us."
- ―Sairgon reflects on the Imperial attacks
During the Galactic Civil War, a battle took place during the Mid Rim Retreat in the Chonsetta system between the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry and forces of the Galactic Empire in 3 ABY. The 61st's starships were attacked by around a dozen TIE Interceptors tracking a hypermatter leak from the CR90 corvette Thunderstrike. The TIEs damaged the starboard side of the corvette before the 61st left the system, discovering the hypermatter leak.
During the Galactic Civil War, in 3 ABY, the CR90 corvette Thunderstrike, the headquarters and troop carrier of the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, suffered damages to its hyperdrive which caused a hypermatter leak. Identifying the subsequent hypermatter trail, Captain Tabor Seitaron and Prelate Verge of the Galactic Empire had Imperial officers aboard their Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, the Herald, to liaise with Imperial forces to attack the 61st. After the second attack, in the Enrivi system, the 61st personnel celebrated winning against their attackers, but the gunnery crew stayed at their stations in fear of another attack.
- "We have engine problems, because my ship keeps being attacked. And my ship keeps being attacked because we have engine problems."
- ―M2-M5, to Hazram Namir
In the nineteen hours after battle in the Enrivi system, the 61st's starships made two course changes to try and throw off Imperial forces. However, the battle group was attacked in the Chonsetta system by around a dozen TIE Interceptors from the cover of a comet trail. The TIEs dealt damage to the starboard side of the Thunderstrike before the 61st left the system.
- "That trail was a stroke of fortune, but surely wars are not won through luck?"
- ―Verge reflects on tracking the 61st to Tabor Seitaron aboard the Herald
After the attack, rumors rose among the 61st that three Imperial battle groups had abandoned rebel engagements to hunt the Alliance battle group. M2-M5, the 61st's chief of engineering, soon discovered the Thunderstrike's hypermatter leak. In a meeting after, Lieutenant Sairgon reflected that the Imperial forces had merely harried the battle group. To repair the corvette's hyperdrive, the 61st raided an Imperial heavy freighter.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set 22 years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. Furthermore the battle in the Chonsetta system must have also occurred in that year.
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files