- "We've been lucky so far. The Empire hasn't had forces positioned to do more than harry us."
- ―Sairgon reflects on the Imperial attacks
The battle occurred between the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry and forces of the Galactic Empire at the Enrivi system in 3 ABY. An Imperial light cruiser ambushed the starships of the Sixty-First backed by a squadron of TIE fighters. However, the Sixty-First obliterated the Imperial forces, wiping out the entire crew of the cruiser. The members of the Sixty-First celebrated after.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "That trail was a stroke of fortune, but surely wars are not won through luck?"
- ―Verge, to Tabor Seitaron
In 3 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry was engaged an Imperial reconnaissance squadron. There, the Sixty-First's Thunderstrike's received damages to its hyperdrive, which caused it to leak a trail of hypermatter. The trail was discovered by the Empire after the Sixty-First departed the jungle planet Coyerti over two weeks later. Captain Tabor Seitaron, who was hunting the battle group from the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Herald, had a dozen officers aboard the star destroyer liaise with Imperial starships across the Metatessu sector. The Sixty-First was first attacked three days after departing Coyerti in a star system at the edge of the sector before swiftly escaping.
The Battle[edit | edit source]
The Sixty-First arrived in the Enrivi system thirty hours later, hoping to put in for repairs to their ships. The Imperial forces, comprising of a light cruiser and a squadron of TIE fighters ambushed the Thunderstrike along with its escort the Braha'tok-class gunship Apailana's Promise and its two X-wing starfighters upon their arrival. Despite one X-wing being crippled from the battle thirty hours before, the Thunderstrike and its escort came out victorious, obliterating the Imperial forces. The shockwave of the cruiser's explosion destroyed its own escape pods.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Following the battle, the Sixty-First's Captain Micha Evon expressed his regret of the number of Imperial casualties. The soldiers of the Sixty-First celebrated the victory, toasting their pilots and gunners, who did not participate fearing that they would be needed again. Their suspicions were confirmed when the Sixty-First was attacked nineteen-hours later in the Chonsetta system. The Sixty-First's top mechanic M2-M5 discovered that they were being tracked through a hypermatter being left by the Thunderstrike's damaged hyperdrive.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the battle in the Enrivi system takes place is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The battle must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files