- "We've been lucky so far. The Empire hasn't had forces positioned to do more than harry us."
- ―Sairgon summarizes the Imperial attacks
During the Mid Rim Retreat, a battle took place between the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry and a destroyer in the Galactic Empire's navy in a lifeless star system in the Metatessu sector in 3 ABY. The destroyer, following a hypermatter trail from the 61st's CR90 corvette Thunderstrike, ambushed the Alliance battle group in the system, but the rebel starships were able to escape.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
In 3 ABY, during the Mid Rim Retreat, the CR90 corvette Thunderstrike, the troop carrier of the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, suffered damages to its hyperdrive, leaving a trail of hypermatter.
The battle[edit | edit source]
- "We have engine problems, because my ship keeps being attacked. And my ship keeps being attacked because we have engine problems."
- ―M2-M5, to Hazram Namir
Discovering the hypermatter trail, Imperial officers serving under Prelate Verge and Captain Tabor Seitaron aboard the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Herald coordinated with other Imperial forces and an Imperial destroyer ambushed the 61st while the battle group was carrying out maintenance on the Thunderstrike in a lifeless star system in the Metatessu sector. As the destroyer moved into firing range, the Thunderstrike's escort, the Braha'tok-class gunship Apailana's Promise, and its two X-wing starfighters swiftly responded to protect the corvette. The 61st soon fled the battle, jumping into hyperspace, but not before one of the X-wings was crippled by a glancing turbolaser blow.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "That trail was a stroke of fortune, but surely wars are not won through luck?"
- ―Verge reflects on tracking the 61st to Tabor Seitaron aboard the Herald
The 61st was attacked two more times in the Metatessu sector by the Empire, soon discovering how the battle group's starships were being tracked. In a following meeting, Lieutenant Sairgon reflected that the Imperial forces had only managed to harry the 61st by that point.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and reference[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the battle in the Metatessu sector takes place is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The battle must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files