- "We've been lucky so far. The Empire hasn't had forces positioned to do more than harry us."
- ―Sairgon reflects on the Imperial attacks
The battle took place between the Rebel Alliance's Sixty-First Mobile Infantry and a destroyer in the Galactic Empire's navy in a lifeless star system in the Metatessu sector during the Galactic Civil War. The destroyer ambushed the Sixty-First, in 3 ABY, while they were carrying out maintenance.
As the destroyer moved into firing range, the Sixty-First's Braha'tok-class gunship Apailana's Promise and its two X-wing starfighters swiftly responded to protect the CR90 corvette Thunderstrike, the Sixty-First's mobile headquarters. The Sixty-First soon fled the battle, jumping into hyperspace, but not before one of the X-wings was crippled by a glancing blow. The battle group, however, was attacked two more times in the Metatessu sector, soon realizing that they were being tracked through a hypermatter leaked from the Thunderstrike's hyperdrive.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and referenceEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the battle in the Metatessu sector takes place is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The battle must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.