- "Came up to me on Bamayar. After we took that stinking port—"
"Chenodra. Came up to me during the cleanup. Thought I'd messed up bad, with what Ajax and me had done. Howl started talking about the buildings instead—something about the arches and columns."
- ―Twitch and Brand
A battle took place on the terrestrial astronomical object Bamayar during the Rebel Alliance's failed Mid Rim Offensive in the Galactic Civil War. During the battle, which took place between 1 ABY and 2 ABY, the Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry took control of the Ducal Palace on Bamayar, as well as the stench-ridden port Chenodra.
After the capture of Chenodra, the 61st conducted a cleanup, where the company's Captain Micha Evon approached the soldier Twitch. Twitch was convinced she and the fellow soldier Maximian Ajax had made a big mistake on Bamayar, but instead of bringing up the mishap, Evon began talking to her about the buildings of the port. Hazram Namir, a First Sergeant in the 61st, briefly remembered the fighting on Bamayar while on the planet Haidoral Prime in 3 ABY. Twitch also recounted her experience with Evon at Chenodra later that year at a gathering after Evon's funeral.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The sections of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the beginning of the Mid Rim Offensive is reflected on by Hazram Namir and the battle of Bamayar is mentioned are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mentions must have therefore happened in 3 ABY. The novel also states that the beginning of the Mid Rim Offensive was eighteen months prior to this and came to a halt nine months later, which sets the beginning around 1 ABY and the end around 2 ABY. With the battle of Bamayar occurring during the Mid Rim Offensive, it must have taken place between 1 ABY and 2 ABY.