- "The Trade Federation was central to those great events—in fact, one of the final battles of the Clone Wars was fought right here on Cato Neimoidia."
- ―A Neimoidian
The Battle of Cato Neimoidia, also known as the capture of Cato Neimoidia, was one of the final battles of the Clone Wars, in which Jedi General Plo Koon led the Grand Army of the Republic's 442nd Siege Battalion against the Confederacy of Independent Systems for control of the Neimoidian purse-world of Cato Neimoidia, headquarters of the Trade Federation. The Galactic Republic captured the planet in the final hours of the conflict. While conducting a post-battle patrol flight over a bridge city, Koon was killed by his clone wingmen when Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine enacted Order 66.
During the final year of the Clone Wars, the Neimoidian purse-world of Cato Neimoidia, homeworld of Separatist Council member Nute Gunray and headquarters of the Trade Federation, was invaded by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Though Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Commander Ahsoka Tano led the Grand Army of the Republic's 501st Legion into battle against the Separatist, they were recalled to Coruscant after the Jedi Temple was bombed, allowing Cato Neimoidia to fall under Separatist control.
During the Outer Rim Sieges in the final days of the Clone Wars, the capitulation of Cato Neimoidia was identified as a prime strategic goal that would help to end the conflict. The Jedi Council dispatched Jedi Master Plo Koon to Cato Neimoidia to lead the 442nd Siege Battalion, proficient in besieging enemy fortifications, against the Trade Federation stronghold. Koon and Clone Captain "Jag" led starfighter squadrons against a trio of Separatist Providence-class dreadnoughts and droid tri-fighters. The Republic eventually captured Cato Neimoidia in the final hours of the Clone Wars.
- "Execute Order 66."
"It will be done, my Lord."
- ―Darth Sidious and Captain Jag
Not long after the Republic victory, while flying near a bridge city on a patrol flight, Koon was unaware what was happening in the ARC-170 starfighter behind him, piloted by Captain Jag. The clone trooper pilot was contacted by Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, who ordered him to execute Order 66. Without hesitation, Jag adjusted his fighter and opened fire on Koon. The Jedi Master's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor was hit and exploded in mid-air, killing him immediately. What remained of the fighter crashed into a building on the bridge city.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Poe Dameron 20 (Mentioned only)
- Force Collector (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (First identified as Battle of Cato Neimoidia)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018. says that the capture of Cato Neimoidia was in the final standard hours of the Clone Wars. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel shows that the battle on Lokori lasted for months and did not stop until the battle droids were shut down at the war's end. As Cato Neimoidia was in the final hours and Lokori lasted for months until the end, it can be deduced that the battles were partly concurrent.
- ↑ Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link)) establishes that the Mygeeto Campaign lasted for three standard years, and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith shows the fighting was happening during Order 66. As Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018. establishes that the capture of Cato Neimoidia was in the war's final hours, the two events must have been partly concurrent.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ Poe Dameron 20
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the Mandalorian civil war and the Trial of Ahsoka Tano which take places in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "The Lawless" and "The Wrong Jedi" to the standard year 19 BBY. Since we know from that "Sabotage" takes place between those episodes, the events of "Sabotage" must also take place in 19 BBY.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"