- "I remember the craters and trenches of Yn and Chabosh. The terror of the dying. It was glorious."
- ―Khem Val
The Battle of Chabosh was a conflict between the Sith Empire and a group of Jedi and rebels around 5300 BBY in which the Sith Lord Tulak Hord led an army of dark side warriors to capture the Jedi– and rebel–held Chabosh after he broke the Jedi siege of the planet Yn. Hord, his apprentice Ortan Cela, and their Dashade Shadow Killers Khem Val and Veshikk Urk led the Sith offensive, and during the fighting, Urk and Val feasted on the Force potential of their enemies, and Tulak Hord used a ritual to draw the strength of his enemies into himself.
Behind the scenes
The Battle of Chabosh was first mentioned in the entry for Khem Val on the Holonet portion of the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic's official site in 2011. It was later expanded on in the game itself, in conversations with Khem Val and several Codex entries.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Khem Val: "Exultation"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Force-walking" establishes that Ergast attempted Tulak Hord's ritual 300 years after Tulak Hord himself. Additionally, Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Monument to Lord Ergast" states that Ergast was among the Sith who first permanently settled Dromund Kaas, which occurred in 4980 BBY in the aftermath of the Great Hyperspace War per Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. Thus, Hord's use of the ritual, and by extension the battles of Yn and Chabosh, occurred roughly around 5300 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Tomb of Tulak Hord"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Khem Val: "The Master's Apprentice"
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 355 ("Yn")
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "The Ritual of Tulak Hord"