- "If by some miracle they survive to land, I mean to see they never take off! This venture will be my ticket away from Daluuj!"
- ―Commander Orlok
Background[edit | edit source]
Following the first Imperial invasion of Mon Calamari, Admiral Gial Ackbar and his loyal Mon Calamari forces fled to meet with the Alliance Fleet. En route, they were ambushed by Imperial warships over Daluuj and forced to evacuate to the planet below in escape pods.
The skirmish[edit | edit source]
The pods were later rescued by Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia Organa. Despite being heavily outmanned, Admiral Ackbar came up with a plan to lure the Imperial ground-skimmers over a mud lake with gigantic worms that had previously dragged the Millennium Falcon down to the bottom upon landing, reasoning that the worms would also be attracted to Imperial machinery as well and attack. Not only were all three ground-skimmers dragged to the bottom, but the Falcon was raised and the Rebel group was allowed to leave Daluuj.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Revenge of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Entrenched (Mentioned only) (First identified as Battle of Daluuj)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 11
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 9 (ACK3, Gial Ackbar)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters