Lando Calrissian was alerted that the Vong forces were coming, and they prepared for battle.
Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, and Anakin Solo all flew modified TIE Advanced x1s, but were told to stay near Dubrillion's surface, under the shield protection of Belt-Runner I. Above, Kyp Durron, Han Solo, and Leia Organa Solo battled in the Millennium Falcon, along with the fighters that Calrissian had managed to recruit.
However, Belt-Runner I was destroyed, taking away the shields of the Solo children. After fighting near the surface for a while, they fought upwards, drawing the Yuuzhan Vong force away from Dubrillion, and towards Lando's Folly. They wove in and out of the asteroids, using the Force to guide them, destroying much of the invasion force. This proved too much for Anakin Solo, who lost his concentration and made a blind hyperspace jump. Fortunately for him, his parents arrived at the system his ship, Calrissian Runner, came out of hyperspace in to bring him back. They returned, but the victory was bittersweet.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The New Jedi Order Sourcebook incorrectly presents the ships that the Solo children piloted in this battle as TIE/IN interceptors. In reality, they flew in TIE Advanced x1 starfighters, as depicted in The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime, where the Battle of Dubrillion first appeared.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook (First identified as the Battle of Dubrillion)
- Running the Belt"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Scum & Villainy (Card: Belt-Runner TIE Advanced)