The Battle of Duro was a major battle of the Mandalorian Wars, fought sometime in 3962 BBY. The Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders campaigned across the galaxy from their territory in the Outer Rim to reach Duro in the Core Worlds, a strategy they called Mandalorian Triumph.
The battle[edit | edit source]
According to the former Republic soldier Atton Rand, the Mandalorian assault force at Duro utilized, among other craft, Basilisk war droids which "rained down like meteors onto the orbiting cities." During the battle, the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders laid waste to nearly the entire planet, forcing the population to ally with the warriors against the Republic. The Neo-Crusaders also attempted to steal large amounts of war material from the shipyards that orbited Duro, but were prevented from doing so following the arrival of a fleet of Interdictor-class cruisers under the command of the Jedi Revan and Malak.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Battle of Duro (Mandalorian Wars))
- Suns of Fortune (Indirect mention only)