The Battle of Felucia was fought on Felucia as one of the final conflicts of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Jedi Master Aayla Secura commanded the Republic's troops as they moved into position in readiness to engage the Separatists; however Palpatine gave word that Order 66 be carried out, leading to the clones turning on Secura and killing her.
Earlier in the Clone Wars, General Grievous of the Confederacy of Independent Systems had led an assault on Felucia and secured the planet for the Separatists. The Jedi Plo Koon, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's Padawan, were sent to recapture the planet. However, the clone trooper force was outnumbered and the Jedi were forced to retreat, failing their mission.
As Jedi General Aayla Secura and her troopers of the 327th Star Corps marched to engage the droid army gathering in a clearing directly in front of them, Commander Bly received Order 66 and proceeded to shoot his commanding officer in the back before she could react. Secura was finished off by fire from the clones surrounding her before full-scale combat operations could begin.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "This was all pre-script only. This is the Padawan younglings being forced to fight. And we thought it might be cool, since they can't fight all alone. If they fought in formation in order to face off against the droids–but they'd still be slain."
- ―Derek Thompson on an early idea for the Battle of Felucia
The Battle of Felucia first appeared in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. While developing the film's story before a script was written, it was initially proposed by concept artist Derek Thompson to have several Padawans accompanying the clone troopers to the battle and aiding them against the droids, but the idea was dropped as the Padawans eventually had to die anyway.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Kanan 2: The Last Padawan, Part II: Flight (Vision to Caleb Dume)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Battle of Felucia)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight
- ↑ Ahsoka
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith