The Battle of Felucia was fought on Felucia as one of the final conflicts of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Jedi Master Aayla Secura commanded the Republic's troops as they moved into position in readiness to engage the Separatists; however Palpatine gave word that Order 66 be carried out, leading to the clones turning on Secura and killing her.
- "The setback at Felucia has affected our efforts in the whole sector."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
Earlier in the Clone Wars, General Grievous of the Confederacy of Independent Systems had led an assault on Felucia and secured the planet for the Separatists. The Jedi Plo Koon, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's Padawan, were sent to recapture the planet. However, the clone trooper force was outnumbered and the Jedi were forced to retreat, failing their mission. Skywalker Tano, Koon, and their clone forces later fought another battle on the planet, in which they captured a CIS mobile command center.
During the Outer Rim Sieges, Jedi General Aayla Secura and her troopers of the 327th Star Corps were deployed to the planet to engage the droid army and capture Presidente Shu Mai of the Separatist Council. At one point during the battle, Secura and her troops stood together before engaging a target. At another point, two clones standing near each other were fighting in the battle.
Later, she and the 327th marched to combat droids gathering in a clearing directly in front of them. However, as the OG-9 homing spider droids and Armored Assault Tanks advanced, Commander Bly received Order 66 and followed its directive, shooting Secura in the back before she could react. Secura was finished off by fire from the clones surrounding her before full-scale combat operations could begin.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "This was all pre-script only. This is the Padawan younglings being forced to fight. And we thought it might be cool, since they can't fight all alone. If they fought in formation in order to face off against the droids–but they'd still be slain."
- ―Derek Thompson on an early idea for the Battle of Felucia
The Battle of Felucia first appeared in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. While developing the film's story before a script was written, it was initially proposed by concept artist Derek Thompson to have several Padawans accompanying the clone troopers to the battle and aiding them against the droids, but the idea was dropped as the Padawans eventually had to die anyway.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Kanan 2 (Vision to Caleb Dume)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as Battle of Felucia)
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- ↑ Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ Kanan 1
- ↑ Ahsoka
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Legion – Phase II Clone Troopers Unit Expansion (Card: Phase II Clone Troopers)
- ↑ Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith