A battle involving the Galactic Republic and Jedi Order was fought on the Outer Rim world of Hypori at some point between 22 BBY and 19 BBY. During the course of the battle, a group of Jedi Knights were taken by surprise and an Acclamator-class cruiser crashed into Hypori.
When an engineering team led by Commander Orson Callan Krennic of the Galactic Empire moved into a former Techno Union droid factory located on Hypori to work on weapons design and production for a secret mobile battle station during the Imperial era, the hulk of the Acclamator-class cruiser stood as a grim memorial of the battle.
Behind the scenes
The battle of Hypori was first mentioned in canon in the 2016 novel Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel, written by James Luceno. The Clone Wars-era battle on Hypori was first depicted in the Star Wars Legends continuity in Chapter 20 of the animated microseries Star Wars: Clone Wars, which aired on April 8, 2004, on Cartoon Network.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First mentioned, simultaneous with Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles states that the Acclamator-class cruiser was built for the Clone Wars. As the battle of Hypori features an Acclamator-class cruiser and the Jedi Order, it must mean the battle was fought during the Clone Wars and before the Jedi Order's destruction. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the First Battle of Geonosis, which marked the start of the Clone Wars, to 22 BBY, and the destruction of the Jedi Order to 19 BBY. Therefore, the battle must have taken place between 22 BBY and 19 BBY.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 20"