- "I hope you told Master Plo not to destroy this facility until we get off of it."
"Yeah. All of us, and the slaves."
"We'll need a bigger ship."
- ―Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker, as the Republic forces begin their attack
The Battle of Kadavo was fought on the planet Kadavo during the Clone Wars. Galactic Republic forces sought to save Togruta colonists from Kiros who had been kidnapped and enslaved by the Zygerrian Slave Empire, which had allied itself with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Jedi had launched a mission to try and find the captured Togruta, but the mission's operatives had been captured during the Royal Slave Auction. After escaping, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Padawan Ahsoka Tano learned from the dying Zygerrian Queen, Miraj Scintel, that the colonists, as well as Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Clone Captain Rex, had been transported to Kadavo. Calling on Jedi General Plo Koon for reinforcements, Skywalker and Tano travelled to the Kadavo slave processing facility, commanded by Keeper Agruss. In the ensuing battle, the surviving Togruta captives were rescued, before Republic forces destroyed the Kadavo facility.
A Galactic Republic task force led by Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, and Skywalker's Padawan Ahsoka Tano, liberated Kiros and discovered links leading to Zygerria. The Jedi and Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex" soon infiltrated the auction and tried to rescue the Togruta but were captured by the Zygerrians and enslaved.
Skywalker and his Padawan, however, escaped from the Zygerrians and headed for Kadavo to rescue Kenobi, Rex, and the Togruta, who had been transferred to the Zygerrian slave processing facility on the planet. While en route, the two also called for reinforcements from the Republic. Tano and her Master arrived on the planet first on the Aurore-class freighter Tecora and tried to break into the slave processing facility. When ordered to cease by the Zygerrian Keeper Agruss, lest the slaves be killed, Skywalker did not comply. At that moment, the reinforcements arrived, led by Admiral Barton Coburn and Jedi Master Plo Koon. The Republic's Shadow Squadron also took part in the battle, as did clone pilots CT-4860 "Boost" and "Warthog."
Koon's Wolfpack detachment attacked the facility with LAAT/i gunships and clone Z-95 starfighters, but were halted by its ray shields. However, Skywalker was able to destroy the defensive towers, while Kenobi and Rex rebelled and killed Agruss.
As a last act before his death, the Keeper tried to throw the Togruta into the volcanic crevice below the facility, but, following a plan devised by Tano, the Republic forces evacuated them on Admiral Coburn's Arquitens-class light cruiser. After picking up Skywalker, Kenobi, Tano, and Rex, the Republic strike team destroyed the slave facility.
With the slaves rescued, Skywalker informed Governor Gupat Roshti of Tano's major role in the rescue operation, earning her his thanks. Although he feared the people of Kiros would not recover from their time in slavery, Tano was confident their will would be strengthened from their victory, and she supported his idea to join the Republic. The battle at Kadavo proved to be one of the many victories Shadow Squadron took part in, with one veteran of the battle later flying a BTL-B Y-wing starfighter/bomber alongside squadmates on the extragalactic planet Kamino.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Rampage" (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Battle of Kadavo)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Databank A-Z: Tee Watt Kaa–Kamino)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 55 (Databank A-Z: Saesee Tiin–Toydaria)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – BTL-B Y-Wing Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – LAAT/i Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Indirect mention only)
- "Republic, Rebel, and Resistance Starfighters" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars - The Official Magazine 101 (Database: Before the dark times…) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Clone Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack (Card: )
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- "Brain Invaders" establishes that the second occupation of Geonosis began after the Second Battle of Geonosis, while Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel shows that it continued throughout the rest of the Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★))
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY, while its end, depicted in "Tipping Points," must occur in 20 BBY; Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "Water War" to 20 BBY, while Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! dates the events of "The Gathering" to be 20 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 20 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As establishes that the events of "Tipping Points," and therefore the end of the Onderonian Civil War, occurred between the events of "Water War" and "The Gathering," the war must have ended in 20 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Mon Cala and the skirmish in Theed to 20 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place 20 BBY.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 60 (Starship Fact File: Arquitens-class light cruiser)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – BTL-B Y-Wing Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars: Complete Locations