- "I hope you told Master Plo not to destroy this facility until we get off of it."
"Yeah. All of us, and the slaves."
"We'll need a bigger ship."
- ―Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker, as the Republic forces begin their attack
The Battle of Kadavo was fought on the planet Kadavo during the Clone Wars. Having occupied the Togruta colony world of Kiros, the Confederacy of Independent Systems secretly transported the world's entire population to the planet Zygerria, where the Togruta were to be sold as slaves at an auction.
A Galactic Republic task force led by Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, and Skywalker's Padawan Ahsoka Tano, liberated Kiros and discovered links leading to Zygerria. The Jedi and Clone Captain CT-7567 soon infiltrated the auction and tried to rescue the Togruta but were captured by the Zygerrians and enslaved.
Skywalker and his Padawan, however, escaped from the Zygerrians and headed for Kadavo to rescue Kenobi, CT-7567, and the Togruta, who had been transferred to the Zygerrian slave processing facility on the planet. While en route, the two also called for reinforcements from the Republic.
Tano and her Master arrived on the planet first on the Aurore-class freighter Tecora and tried to break into the slave processing facility. When ordered to cease by the Zygerrian Keeper Agruss, lest the slaves be killed, Skywalker did not comply. At that moment, the reinforcements arrived, led by Admiral Coburn and Jedi Master Plo Koon.
Koon's Wolfpack detachment attacked the facility with LAAT/i gunships and clone Z-95 starfighters, but were halted by its ray shields. However, Skywalker was able to destroy the defensive towers, while Kenobi and CT-7567 rebelled and killed Agruss.
As a last act before his death, the Keeper tried to throw the Togruta into the volcanic crevice below the facility, but, following a plan devised by Tano, the Republic forces evacuated them on Admiral Coburn's Arquitens-class light cruiser. After picking up Skywalker, Kenobi, Tano, and CT-7567, the Republic strike team destroyed the slave facility.
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Battle of Kadavo)
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log (Picture only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 2.31 2.32 2.33 2.34 2.35 2.36 2.37 2.38 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas