- "Find out what they know about the Resistance and then burn the city."
- ―Gideon Hask, to his troopers
Following the destruction of the Hosnian system, a battle broke out in Kestro, the capital city of the planet Vardos, in 34 ABY during the early stages of open warfare between the First Order and the Resistance.
The Battle[edit | edit source]
- "I had to live in your galaxy, Iden, now its your turn to live in mine."
- ―Gideon Hask to Iden Versio
Iden and Shriv found Gleb's body, shot by Hask. Hask then ordered the Retribution to shoot down the Corvus which it did. Hask ordered the First Order to burn the city. A battle soon erupted between the trio, Jinata Security forces, and the First Order. Shriv and Iden were still in First Order custody, until a Jinata soldier threw a thermal detonator. This allowed the pair to escape with weapons. The two fought their way through the city and found All Terrain Reconnaissance Transports. Moving faster, they found a relay station and used it to search for escape pods from the Corvus. Iden and Shriv found two, but both were empty. During their search for Zay, Iden and Shriv saw an All Terrain MegaCaliber Six destroying much of the rebuilt city. Shriv also remarked that Janata Security was winning the battle. To this Iden replied that Jinata stood no chance and that the First Order was feigning a retreat. Finally, Dio discovered a third signal. They traveled there to find Zay in a sniper's nest. After telling Zay the fate of her father, they traveled to the Retribution in TIE/sf space superiority fighters.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Resurrection (First appearance) (DLC)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 1"
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"
- The Mission to Vardos takes place concurrently with the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which the reference book Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 34 ABY.