The Battle of Khorm was fought during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems at some point between 22 BBY and 21 BBY. The Republic forces—commanded by Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Clone Commander CC-3636, nicknamed "Wolffe"—and the Confederate troops, led by the dark side assassin Asajj Ventress, clashed at Khorm during the battle.
In the midst of the fighting, Ventress and Wolffe had a close encounter, during which the latter lost his right eye but ultimately survived due to his exceptional combat abilities. Proudly carrying the scars from that fight, Wolffe continued to serve the Republic, but he began using a cybernetic implant in order to replace his missing eye.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Stories with large casts and different planets tend to be difficult to do on the show."
- ―Henry Gilroy, on why the Battle of Khorm was not featured in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The Battle of Khorm was first indirectly mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in Clone Commander Wolffe's official Encyclopedia entry on StarWars.com. One of the slides in the entry's biography gallery depicted a scene from "Holocron Heist," an episode in the second season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. The accompanying caption addressed Wolffe's appearance with a missing eye in the episode, stating that he had lost his eye "on the battlefield." That battle was eventually identified by an official name in the 2015 sourcebook Ultimate Star Wars.
Henry Gilroy, writer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, at one point considered the Battle of Khorm as a potential premise for episodes of the series. However, that idea never materialized due to the show's budget constraints.
Portrayal in Star Wars Legends[edit | edit source]
- "Commander Wolffe returns sporting a scar over his right eye, an event that was shown in the comics."
- ―Leland Chee, regarding the Legends depiction of the Battle of Khorm
Gilroy's ideas for the battle were instead realized in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where the Battle of Khorm was featured in a 2009 story arc of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars monthly comic series, entitled In Service of the Republic, written by Gilroy and Steven Melching, and illustrated by Scott Hepburn. In the comic series, the battle was fought for control of the planet's valuable agrocite mineral, and it ended in a Galactic Republic victory, while depicting Asajj Ventress inflicting the eye injury on Wolffe.
However, after The Clone Wars comics were relegated to the non-canon Legends continuity, canon sources provided different information on the Battle of Khorm. Namely, the Star Wars: Force Collection digital card game established Anakin Skywalker's participation in the battle, which did not occur in the comic series.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Battle of Khorm)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Clone Commander Wolffe (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 70 (Helmets: Commander Wolffe; Helmets: In Pictures)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]