- Yularen: "General Skywalker, I ran the bio-scan twice, but the results were negative."
- Skywalker: "Are you saying the colonists are not in the city?"
- Yularen: "I'm saying they are not even on the planet. The entire population appears to have simply…vanished."
- Tano: "Vanished? That's impossible. Those are my people."
- ―Wullf Yularen reporting to the Jedi after the battle[src]
Prelude[edit | edit source]
In 20 BBY, the Togrutan Artisan colony of Kiros chose to stay neutral during the galaxy-wide Clone Wars. However, the Confederacy of Independent Systems and Zygerrian Slave Empire decided to invade and occupy Kiros. Upon seeing the initial invasion, Governor Roshti contacted the Jedi Council's Grand Master Yoda for aid. Yoda promised to send help and warned him not to trust Count Dooku, who was present there with his forces.
After Roshti and Yoda ended their communication, the Droid Army troops came from their landing crafts. Dooku, a tactical droid, and Zygerrian Commander Darts D'Nar then came out from the YV-865 Aurore-class freighter, Tecora. Together, they met Governor Roshti. Dooku assured him that this was a peaceful occupation, not an invasion. He then offered Roshti and his people sanctuary away from the War. Roshti, seeing no other choice, agreed to Dooku's offer. In truth, Dooku had made an alliance between the Confederacy and the Zygerrians' Slave Empire to provide them with slaves. Thus, D'Nar then had the Droid Army round up all of Kiros' people. D'Nar then all the Togrutas shipped to Zygerria where they would sold into slavery at Queen Miraj Scintel's slave auction. D'Nar was then left in command of Droid Army's occupation force and had his headquarters in the Governor's tower.
The Battle[edit | edit source]
- "You are no doubt aware your droid forces have been destroyed, and you are surrounded. Do the honorable thing and give up now, D'Nar. I promise you will receive fair treatment."
"You've broken through my defenses. You think you've won? Think again! I have planted bombs all over the city. No one will survive. Now, surrender."
- ―Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi speaking with Commander Darts D'Nar
Ten planetary rotations later, the Republic forces arrived led by Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano, Clone Commander "Cody", and Captain "Rex". The republic forces then landed on surface. As the Republic landing ship made its landing, the Republic forces deployed AT-TEs, AT-RTs, and their troops. The Jedi and their troops then started their ground assault. Kenobi, Skywalker, Tano and Rex then took several of their troops on BARC speeders ahead towards the Governor's tower. Together they were able to take out several commando droids on Flitknot Speeder Bikes as well the AATs and the rest of the battle droids. Captain Rex was able to destroy the last one with his missile launcher.
However, en route to the tower, Rex and Tano saw that there were no people anywhere. They found it suspicious since the Droid Army was not shy about using hostages such as they did during the Ryloth Campaign. As their forces surrounded the tower, Commander Cody then received a message from D'Nar, who wished to discuss terms of surrender with Kenobi. However, Skywalker did not like the fact the D'Nar was Zygerrian slave trader and wanted to deal with him himself. However, Kenobi insisted that he should do as D'Nar wished. Kenobi then had Skywalker contact Admiral Yularen and start a bio-scan to find the colonists. Kenobi then went into the tower and left his com-link on for Skywalker to listen on his discussion with D'Nar.
As Kenobi entered tower's office, he interrupted D'Nar's conference with Dooku and Prime Minister Atai Molec, who were surprised that he had not left yet. After Dooku introduced Kenobi to Molec and D'Nar, he demanded to bring Kenobi to him on his knees. D'Nar then demanded that Kenobi surrender to him. He told Kenobi that he had planted Thermal annihilator bombs through out the city. He would detonate them and kill anyone who nearby. D'Nar then had his tactical droid set one off near the Republic forces.
Skywalker then canceled the bio-scan and had R2-D2 scan for bombs. Kenobi then distracted D'Nar by pretending to surrender. D'Nar considered killing as revenge for the Jedi's termination of their slave empire, but knew Dooku would rather have him alive. Kenobi then offered D'Nar a chance to fight him in the Zygerrian way without his lightsaber. Thus, the two of them fought each other without their weapons.
Skywalker and Tano then too a pair of AT-RTs took disarm the bombs with their lightsabers. The battle droids attempted to inform D'Nar of this to no avail due to Kenobi destroying his projector. As Skywalker and Tano were about to disarm the last two bombs in a courtyard, they then came under attack by several super battle droids. They were then pinned down by a pair of Droideka Sharpshooters.
Skywalker and Tano were unable break through their shields. However, they saw that the droids were vulnerable on their sides. Together they were able to destroy the droids and disarm the last two bombs. As D'Nar was winning his fight against Kenobi, the tactical droid showed him a message from his battle droids, telling that all the bombs had been disarmed. D'Nar then took the detonator and tried to set the bombs off to no avail. Kenobi then destroyed the commando droids and retrieved his lightsaber. Kenobi then offered him the chance to surrender again. D'Nar refuse and decided to set off the last one that was on the back of the tactical droid. As the bomb was going off, D'Nar made his escape. Kenobi tossed the tactical droid out the tower and the droid was destroyed in the bomb's explosion.
Kenobi then told Skywalker and Tano that D'Nar was escaping to his ship, the Tecora. As D'Nar started to take off, Skywalker and Tano were able to use the AT-RTs to reach the ship. Skywalker was then able to damage one of the Tecora's engines. D'Nar then spotted the two jedi and decided to unleash his pet, a Blixus upon them. Skywalker then fought the creature while Ahsoka stabilized the ship. Tano then went the cockpit where she found D'Nar. The two them fought until Ahsoka was subdue him. Skywalker was then able to kill the Blixus. Skywalker then went to cockpit and demanded the location of the togrutas. At first, D'Nar refuse until Skywalker held his lightsaber at his neck. D'Nar then revealed that his queen was going to have slave auction on Zygerria.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Yoda: "Troubling is the return of the Zygerrians."
- Koon: "It is likely they mean to use Dooku to rebuild their Slaver Empire."
- Skywalker: "We cannot allow that, Master."
- Yoda: "Agree I do, but first, find the colonists you must. In great danger they are."
- Koon: "What is it, Master?"
- Yoda: "Sense I do, a darker hand in this mystery. Slavery, a great tool it is…for the rise of the Sith."
- ―Yoda, Plo Koon, and Anakin Skywalker, discussing their next course of action after the battle[src]
Following D'Nar's capture and the destruction of Droid Army occupation force, Kiros was liberated. However, all the colonists were still nowhere to be found. Admiral Yularen that they were no where on the planet. Skywalker, Kenobi, Tano, and Yularen informed the Jedi Council of this. Master Plo Koon believed that the Zygerrians were using the Confederacy to rebuild their Slave Empire. Thus, Kenobi, Skywalker, Tano and Rex undertook a mission to Zygerria to find the colonists. The Republic then returned the colonist to Kiros after finding them on Kadavo.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo" (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 37 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; image #18 (of 21) (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as conquest of Kiro)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Mon Cala and the skirmish in Theed to 20 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place 20 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"