- Palpatine: "Doctor Boll has stated that only droids will be affected by the bomb's electron field."
- Boll: "Yes. The clones and your people will be quite safe. We have accounted for every probable outcome."
- Windu: "It's the improbable that concerns me, Doctor. There must be other options."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine and Doctor Sionver Boll assure Doge Nakha Urus and Jedi Master Mace Windu about the safety of the electro-proton bomb[src]
The Battle of Malastare, one of the fiercest battles of the Clone Wars, took place on the planet Malastare. The Confederacy of Independent Systems attempted to deplete the Galactic Republic's fuel supply by sending a massive army to conquer the world. The army was deactivated by a prototype electro-proton bomb.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
As the Separatists were about to take over the planet and seize the royal palace, Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine ordered the use of an electro-proton bomb to deactivate the Separatists' droid army. Anakin Skywalker and Mace Windu oversaw the battle.
The Battle[edit | edit source]
The massive droid army approached on the plain near the royal palace. The T-series tactical droid in command gave the command to open fire and thousands upon thousands of battle droids started to fire. The Separatists also launched several squadrons of Hyena-class bombers and Vulture-class droid starfighters to bomb the Republic's forces. Dug rail guns and Dug debris loaders shot down many of them, but this had the unforeseen result of several All Terrain Tactical Enforcers being destroyed by crashing starfighters.
The Republic then sent out its BTL-B Y-wing fighter-bombers escorted by ARC-170 Starfighters. The hundreds of Armored Assault Tanks attempted to shoot them down, but were unsuccessful. A group of Dug warriors attempted to charge the enemy lines, but were obliterated by DSD1 dwarf spider droids. Meanwhile the clone troopers managed to hold the line, despite heavy casualties.
The Y wings finally reached the drop site and the boss were released. The electro-proton bomb initailly created a large explosion that further grew into an even larger electro magnetic field that obliterated the whole army and caused all electronics to shut down.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" (Appears in flashback(s)) (First identified as Battle of Malastare)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 6 (Databank A-Z: Jar Jar Binks–B'omarr Order)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Databank A-Z: Dooku–Dwarf Spider Droids)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Databank A-Z: Mace Windu)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Databank A-Z: Xev Xrexus–Yavin 4) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – BTL-B Y-Wing Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Helmets: Commander Ponds)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Zabrak–Zillo Beast)
- The Star Wars Book
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
- The Star Wars Book places the Battle of Malastare to twenty-one years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that A New Hope begins in 0 BBY, the Battle of Malastare must have occurred in 21 BBY.
[edit | edit source]