During the Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire, the Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry fought a battle against the Empire in the icy mountains of the Mid Rim planet Naator in 3 ABY. The battle came as part of the 61st's campaign Operation Ringbreaker, which targeted a number of weaker Imperial targets to force military redeployments from the Kuat Drive Yards in preparation for a final attack on the shipyards.
The 61st won the battle, sustaining some casualties between that conflict and another battle on Xagobah, but 61st ultimately did not complete Operation Ringbreaker. When the Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service vetted Operation Ringbreaker, General Crix Madine listed Naator among the targets in a report on the campaign's first phase, which archivist Hendri Underholt later included among a compilation of documents called The Rebel Files.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. Furthermore the battle of Naator must have also occurred in that year.
- Starships and Speeders
- The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files